Saturday, January 19, 2013

Prompt: Something You Saw

Well I missed yesterday's prompt, "Delicious", actually I ate it. I made scrummy gourmet hamburgers with Turkish buns and crisp salad and mayo. I was so hungry I ate it, completely forgetting to take a pic. Never mind, I'm sure I'll miss other prompts during the year.

Today's prompt "Something you saw" was dictated by the rather large bag of peeled garlic I saw in the fridge (which is still in the lounge room by the way). So I minced it up and bottled it and now I have about 6 months worth of garlic to keep me going. Nothing better than coming home after work and chucking a few things in a frypan along with some garlic for a quick meal, it's such a time saver.

This is how it's done if you are interested.

Pull all the cloves of garlic from the bulb and soak them in water over night. This makes it easy to peel them. Mince them up using a food processor or mini chopper thingy, I used my cuisineart mini chopper/grinder makes light work of it. Then add enough good quality extra virgin olive oil to bind it together, fill you jars and leave in the fridge. All done!


1 comment: